Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Picture A Christmas

A couple of Sundays ago, I started teaching the children "Picture A Christmas".  In the past I have used some hand signs to represent each part of the song, but this year I decided to do it a little differently.
I put items in a bag that represented a part of the song.  I went around the room and had several children pull them out of the bag.  As we sang the song, they had to figure where their object fit in.  They would then hold it up for everyone to see.  After singing through it once, the second time they knew when to hold up their object and it gave the children a visual to go along with the song.  The kids loved this and it was really very simple.
Here are the items that I used:

Picture a stable in Judea


Picture a sacred, silent night. (pillow)


And can you hear, the angels near


and see the star so bright.


Picture a little baby Jesus


think of his life and words so dear



 Sing praise to Him


Remember Him (a ribbon to tie on their finger or wrist to remind them)


as you picture Christmas this year. (hold up a picture of the nativity)


Picture the kind and gentle Joseph


Picture the mother, Mary, fair


And can you see, so reverently, the Shepherds kneeling there

(Repeat Chorus with same object)

No comments:

Post a Comment